Order on the e-shop
- Which countries are eligible to place an order?Sales inside the European Union are all taxes included and are the following: Germany, Latvia, Austria, Lithuania, Belgium, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, The Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Finland, Romania, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Ireland, Sweden, Italy. Sales to a country not belonging to the European Union exclude taxes. Countries that are not in the European Union and eligible for sales are the following: Australia, South Korea, United States , Canada, Hong-Kong, Island, Japan, Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Singapore, Russian United Arab Emirates, Mauritius, Thailand.
- May I order an article from a country that does not belong to the European Union? In that case what are the taxes I need to pay? Sales sent out of the European Union are invoiced without taxes. Taxes shall be paid by the client when he/she receives the parcel, according to the governing laws of the country of destination.
- How to place an order? Chose one of several items on the page The Collection or The Objects then add them to your cart. Click on “Cart” to confirm the order and follow the steps for the order process.
- Do I need to have an account to be able to place an order? You don’t need to create an account to place an order on maisonhikaku.com
- May I cancel or change my order? The orders for personalized items (hot stamping, embossing) or custom made items (Haute Maroquinerie) may not be cancelled or changed. For all other items, cancelling or changing is possible as long as the items have not been shipped; shipment of your order is confirmed by e-mail. To request a cancelation or modification on your order, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long does it take for my order to be ready? Maison Hikaku does not have stock on hand. Each handbag is manufactured at the workshop when the order is received. Delivery time, including production time, can vary from 4 to 15 business days (for items in The Collection as well as the ones in The Objects)
- How to track my order? When your order is shipped, you will receive an e-mail with details about the carrier, as well as the tracking number of your parcel. All our shipments are handled by DHL,TNT or UPS. For Haute Maroquinerie Goods items, please check the “High End Leather Goods” section.
- What to do in case item is out of stock? The items that are out of stock will be indicated as such on the website. If you wish to order an item that is not available, you may register on the waiting list. When the item will be available again, we shall get in touch with you.
- How do I know if my order is confirmed?When your order is received you will be sent a confirmation e-mail.
- May I have a gift box? For all special requests, you may contact us at email@example.com
- Is my payment secure?When you pay, the padlock sign appearing in your browser’s address bar indicates that your connection is encrypted and secure. Authorization servers are then being consulted to verify the payment data and avoid abuse and fraud. The encryption technology SSL guarantees the security of the information you are providing during the transaction.
- What are the means and conditions of payment?The means of payment accepted on maisonhikaku.com are the following: Visa, Mastercard, Paypal. Your order is fully debited as soon as it is confirmed, except for the orders for Haute Maroquinerie Goods, for which you shall check the section “Haute Maroquinerie Goods”
- My payment has been refused, why? As you confirm your order, a pre-authorization is sent to your bank. In case it is declined, we cannot accept nor proceed with your order. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +331 86 95 27 71
Shipping my order
- What are the delivery times?Maison Hikaku does not have any stock. Each handbag is manufactured at the workshop when the order is received. Delivery time, including production time, can vary from 4 to 15 business days (For items in The Collection as well as the ones in The Objects)
- What are the delivery expenses? Shipping fees are free of charge for deliveries in France. For other countries, fees are indicated according to each destination before the order’s confirmation. As soon as the parcel is handled to the carrier (DHL/UPS/TNT), you’ll receive an email with all the information concerning its transit.
- How to follow my parcel’s delivery? When your order is shipped, you will receive an e-mail indicating the tracking number of your parcel as well as the carrier taking care of your parcel. You’ll be able to follow your order via the carrier’s website.
- May I change my delivery address after I confirmed my order?Once your order is confirmed, if you wish to change the delivery address, you shall quickly contact Maison Hikaku by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +331 86 95 27 71. We cannot guarantee that your request will be taken into account.
- I’m having troubles with my parcel’s delivery, what should I do?If you haven’t received your order yet, we invite you to check your parcel’s delivery status on the carrier’s website (go to the section “how can I follow my order”). In case there’s a problem, you should contact Maison Hikaku as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +331 86 95 27 71 If your parcel is damaged, open it if possible in front of the carrier in order to verify the condition of the article(s). In case the articles are damaged, make note on the delivery slip and sign. In any case, as soon as possible after you receive the parcel, contact Maison Hikaku by e-mail at email@example.com or phone. If there is a missing item in the parcel, contact Maison Hikaku by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone.
Return & Exchange
- May I send back an article, and what is the time limit?The orders for personalized articles (hot stamping, embossing) or custom made items (Haute Maroquinerie Goods) cannot be returned. For all other orders from the section The Collection or The Objects, you may use your right to withdraw, if you’re not satisfied, within 14 days following the day you receive your order. When the time limit expires on a Saturday, Sunday or on a public holiday, it is extended to the next business day. To use your right to withdraw, you may contact Maison Hikaku by sending an e-mail at email@example.com or calling +331 86 95 27 71. Maison Hikaku will then send you an email with the instructions for the process to follow for returning your order. The refund for the amount paid for the item you’ve returned will be done through the same method of payment used for that article, crediting the bank account of the credit card used for the payment. If you withdraw we will refund the entire amount paid as soon as possible and within 14 days after you’ve returned the item to Maison Hikaku. The right to withdraw is exclusively yours: it my not be used by any other person. The item shall be wrapped in its full original packaging, along with the copy of the invoice and the completed return form. The return form is available at the bottom of the General Terms of Sale. If the item is returned incomplete, damaged, stained or in any other condition that might lead to the possibility that the item was used or worn, it will not be refunded nor exchanged and will be sent back to the Client.
- How to proceed to return an order? To return or exchange an article, you shall first inform us of your decision by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +331 86 95 27 71. Maison Hikaku will then send you an email with the instructions for the process to follow for returning your order. That process is partially detailed below: Make sure the article is wrapped in its full original packaging, along with the copy of the invoice and the completed return form. The return form is available at the bottom of the General Terms of Sale. If you’re in France you may benefit from a free home pick-up. In that case you may contact the carrier (DHL/UPS/TNT)in order to arrange with them a date and time for the pick-up, and attach on the parcel the return label which will be sent to you beforehand via e-mail by Maison Hikaku.
- Are return costs at my expense?Maison Hikaku will be responsible for return costs if the return is in France and within 14 days following the delivery of your order. For all other countries, please contact us at email@example.com
- If I return the article, when will I be refunded?The refund will be done within 14 days following the day Maison Hikaku receives the article.
- May I exchange an article?Maison Hikaku allows you to exchange an article, within 14 days after you’ve received it. Only one exchange will be permitted for each order. For any request, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +33 1 86 95 27 71
- Why was my return declined?Personalized items (embossed items or High End Leather Goods) cannot be returned or exchanged. Maison Hikaku will only take back an article if it’s wrapped in its original packaging, and returned 14 days after receipt. These two conditions are required in order to proceed with the refund. Moreover, articles that are incomplete, damaged or stained will be declined. For more information, please contact us by mail at email@example.com or by phone at +33 1 86 95 27 71
The Haute Maroquinerie
- What are Haute Maroquinerie ( High End Leather Goods) ?"Haute Maroquinerie" implies “custom made” and offers you the possibility to create a unique handbag according to your needs and ideas, along with our expertise.
- What is the process for creating my handbag?You start the process for your creation with a standard sized model. Then you can embellish by adding different elements according to your needs: several pockets, handles, zippers, will be available. Once the overall design is decided, you shall make an appointment at the workshop in order to finalize your handbag with our team.
- Why do I have to pay a deposit in order to come to the workshop?Our workshop is first and foremost a workplace, not a shop. We open our doors so we can walk you through the creation of your handbag and provide you with our expertise. We want every appointment to run perfectly, which implies time for preparation. Maison Hikaku will send you an email or a text to remind you of the appointment 48h before. There are no refunds if an appointment is not kept or cancelled.
- May I cancel my appointment at the workshop?You may cancel your appointment at the workshop up until 24 hours before the time of your meeting. In that case, we shall refund the deposit you have paid in the following 7 days.
- I took an appointment at the workshop but I could not come, what will happen?If you have not cancelled your appointment and you did not show up, the deposit you paid shall not be refunded. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +331 86 95 27 71
- What happens during the workshop’s appointment?On the website, you have decided on the overall design of your handbag. During the meeting at the workshop we will choose together the material, colors, finishing, dyes, threads, the possible embossing, the lining, the size of your handles, the size of the strap, the color of the metallic accessories and all other details. Once the meeting is done, you will receive an email with the details of your choices as well the precise estimate of your order.
- When will I get the final quote for my high end leather good handbag?You’ll get a first estimate of your handbag online. After the meeting at the workshop, you’ll receive an email summing all features of your handbag as well as a colored illustration and the precise estimate for the final result. Those elements will give you all the details you need to make your decision. That email will help you finalize the payment for your bag and shall start its production.
- What are the details for my Haute Maroquinerie handbag’s production and delivery ?After the meeting at the workshop, you’ll receive an email summing all features of your handbag as well as a colored illustration and the precise estimate for the final result. As you confirm your order, you’ll be redirected to online payment form where you will pay the balance due. The balance due matches the total amount for the estimate with the deducted 300 euros deposit. That confirmation implies we’ll start your handbag’s production. As soon as your payment is confirmed, we’ll send you an email indicating the delivery date of your order. We are dealing with each order individually according the date of confirmation, therefore, depending on our availabilities, your order will be delivered between 10 days and 4 weeks after the confirmation’s date.
- I cannot come to the workshop, may I still order my Haute Maroquinerie handbag?If you’re unable to come to our workshop, you can contact us at email@example.com. Our team will offer you a conference call or a video conference call during which we’ll talk about your design. Afterward, we could send you materials library, then samples so that you may finalize your choices. This way of proceeding may take a little longer than the usual way but we’ll do everything we can to meet your expectations.
- What is the delivery time, once my quote is confirmed?Once your quote is confirmed, your handbag will be manufactured in our workshop. We are dealing with each order individually, according the date of confirmation. Depending on our availabilities, we’ll do our best so that you may receive your order between 10 to 30 business days. We’ll send you an email with the delivery date as soon as your payment is confirmed.
- I would to like to talk to your about a special design, how can I contact you?For all special requests concerning an item or for another design, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +331 86 95 27 71.
- Is the embossing on the products visible?Embossing is a handcraft process using hot stamping to engrave your name or any other character (20 characters at the most) onto leather. According to the type of leather, the embossing is more or less visible. For instance, on grained leather the letters won’t stand out as much as it would on a smooth leather.